After 4 years at the helm of Next Wave, Emily Sexton steps down as Artistic Director and co-CEO .
Next Wave’s Board is now looking for an exceptional individual to lead Next Wave in partnership with our Executive Director. For an artistic visionary who is creative, strategic and entrepreneurial, this is your dream job.
In the role of Artistic Director and Co-CEO you will be supported to:
- Create a bold artistic vision enacted through brave, innovative curatorial choices
- Lead a core team of 6 staff, expanding to 20+ staff and interns, and 200 volunteers during the festival period
- Inspire lasting enthusiasm amongst artists, audiences, staff, volunteers and stakeholders alike for contemporary art, and artists
- Ensure Next Wave’s artistic, audience, organisational and financial objectives are met
- Broker strong partnerships inside and beyond the arts community that reflect a demonstrated commitment to contemporary ideas
- Undergo a rigorous period of professional growth in your own artistic leadership style and approach, and achieve the same for your team
All of which will manifest through working closely with your co-pilot, our Executive Director.
Applicants are advised to carefully read the Position Description and How to Apply as well as the Next Wave organisational website – particularly the Statement of Intent, Vision, Mission and Goals and Artistic Programs – as a first step.
Prospective applicants are invited to make a time for a phone or Skype call with Kath Papas, Deputy Chair at email@example.com or on 0422 570 837. Passionate, curious and courageous individuals should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm AEST on Friday 13th June 2014. Late applications will not be accepted.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, and practitioners who identify with a disability are encouraged to apply. International applicants are also welcome to consider this position.